Teeth Whitening in Newton, MA
Choose The Dental Office At Chestnut Hill For Teeth Whitening
Are you dissatisfied with the color of your teeth? Perhaps you have a wedding, job interview, or another big event coming up and you want to look your best. Whatever the case for you, a brighter, whiter smile is well within your grasp! The team at The Dental Office at Chestnut Hill is happy to provide premier teeth whitening services to make you feel confident in your appearance. While there are numerous options when it comes to cosmetic dentistry, few are as quick and hassle-free as a teeth whitening procedure. Heard of this treatment but don’t know how it works? Our team is happy to oblige, providing all the answers to your questions and then some. Find out more information on this exciting treatment from your local Newton, MA dentists.
Differentiating The Types Of Teeth Whitening
“Teeth whitening” refers to more than just one method of leaving you with brighter teeth. Most commonly, bleaching and non-bleaching products are used to whiten teeth and leave you feeling confident in your smile. Bleaching products have the potential to lighten your teeth several shades, while non-bleaching products are only capable of removing surface-level stains. Depending on the severity of your tooth staining or discoloration, we might recommend a special gel for professional teeth whitening. We apply the gel to your teeth, add another bleaching agent, then use a special light to activate the gel. The result is teeth that are much whiter. If you have only minor stains, this treatment can get rid of the tooth discoloration in only one appointment! Be sure to discuss the pros and cons of each option with your dentist at The Dental Office at Chestnut Hill.
Identifying The Causes Of Teeth Staining
The first step to avoiding tooth staining is understanding what causes it in the first place. In truth, staining and discoloration can be caused by any number of reasons, some of which you have little control over. Yet, the team at the Dental Office of Chestnut Hill strives to educate our patients on all things family dentistry. The following are among the most common causes of stained teeth:
- Food and Beverages: Some foods and drinks are naturally staining agents. You’re probably aware of ones like coffee, soda, and tea. But berries, fruits, and sauces are also frequent culprits of tooth discoloration.
- Injury: If you’ve recently had a traumatic injury, you might have noticed discoloration that begins inside the tooth and starts to show on the outside.
- Medications: Certain medications are prone to staining teeth, as well. As with injuries, this type of staining often begins on the inside of the tooth and shows through on the surface.
- Age: As you age, it’s only natural your enamel gets worn down and the dentin is exposed. Although there’s little you can do to stop this, professional teeth whitening treatments can make your teeth look good as new.
Teeth Whitening Treatments At Our Dental Office
When it comes to teeth whitening, professional methods are always the best way to go. Over-the-counter teeth whitening treatments just aren’t as effective for the money you spend on them. At The Dental Office at Chestnut Hill, we provide a safe place to successfully give you a whiter smile. Besides a higher success rate, professional treatments are also better for those with sensitive gums. Our team provides the following professional teeth whitening techniques:
- In-Office Whitening: When you think of teeth whitening, this is probably what you think of. We’ll cover your gums and teeth with a flexible device and apply a special gel. After around an hour, you’ll see clear results—a brighter smile.
- At-Home Teeth Whitening: If you’d rather not spend so much time in our office, you can try a professional at-home treatment. We’ll take a mold of your teeth and send you home with some whitening gel. Over a few one-hour sessions, you’ll begin to notice results.
Be Sure To Know The Teeth Whitening Cost
Teeth whitening treatments don’t have to break the bank. Most often, the teeth whitening cost comes in at about $650. While sticker-shock discourages some patients, those who choose the treatment rave about the results. Many patients report the teeth whitening cost pays off in the long run.
Brighten Your Smile At The Dental Office At Chestnut Hill
If you’re looking to brighten your smile, professional teeth whitening treatment is the way to go. Newton, MA residents trust The Dental Office at Chestnut Hill for compassionate care and expert services. We understand discolored teeth are often the source of low self-confidence, and we want to help you take pride in your smile. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.